Church from terrace 1

The site was consecrated in 1746 and the church building was completed in 1748. It was originally known as ‘Grace Hall’.

The church architecture is of the Georgian period.

Windows 1

The original windows were of clear glass; the present stained glass windows were installed in 1933.

Church interior 2

The oak communion table is a memorial to the members of the congregation and associated organisations who gave their lives in the First World War. Their names are inscribed in the right-hand drawer of the table. The only member who died in the Second World War is commemorated by one of a pair of vases. The desk lectern, hymn boards and standing lectern are the work of Robert Thompson’s craftsmen (the ‘Mouse Man of Kilburn’).