The Fulneck Moravian Church organ was originally built and installed by Johannes Snetzler in 1748. He was born in Schaffhausen in Switzerland in 1710, and trained with the firm of Egedacher in Passau before moving to London in 1741. The extensive correspondence between Snetzler and the community survives in the church archives. The organ cost £140 and the work took four months.

In 1802 the organ was moved to its present position in the balcony, and over the years there have been several alterations. In 1929 an almost complete rebuild took place, carried out by the Bramley firm of JJ Binns. The organ was probably the last upon which founder James Jepson Binns worked. The cost was £745 and the result was a mostly new organ in the original case. It is thought that the case is the earliest surviving Snetzler case in existence.

In 2016 a major renovation was carried out by Wood of Huddersfield. The organ was brought to modern concert pitch and can now be used to accompany other instruments. New pipes for the front of the case were made by Shires of Bramley based on the description in the Snetzler correspondence.